Standard Beach Bungalow
With the beach at your doorstep and the ocean in sight, the Deluxe Rooms at Sun Island Resort & Spa offer a personal gateway to paradise. These Maldives family accommodations provide 21 metres/222 feet of space, and are equipped with modern amenities such as satellite television. Of course, with your own private veranda and dozens of onsite activities, checking your email might not be your first priority. Escape to the fun and relaxation of our Maldives family hotel, where the promise of an unforgettable getaway is always kept.
Superior Beach Bungalow
Upgrade to the increased comforts of the Super Deluxe Rooms at Sun Island Resort & Spa . Spanning 21 square metres/222 square feet, our 218 elegantly furnished Maldives deluxe hotel rooms offer the convenience of en-suite bath and shower facilities, creating enhanced privacy for you and your family. You’ll also enjoy satellite television and a private veranda set directly along our pristine shoreline. Check yourself into our deluxe Maldives hotel, and experience life as it’s meant to be lived.
Indulge your self in a glass of wine right outside your Sunset villa, while enjoying the wonderful sunsets of the Maldives. This room category offers direct access to the beach.
Set on stilts above the tranquil turquoise lagoon, our Maldives water bungalows truly embrace the island atmosphere of Sun Island Resort & Spa. Large and richly furnished, these exclusive accommodations are accessed by a wooden jetty, creating the sense of a secluded hideaway apart from the rest of the resort. Take in the vast horizon from your personal sundeck, offering either sunrise or sunset views. Walk down your private staircase to enjoy a refreshing soak in the warm ocean water, which ebbs and flows just below your floor. Offering a truly unique approach to island living, these Maldives beach bungalows offer one of the world’s most remarkable lodging experience.
Indulge in the most luxurious lodging option at Sun Island Resort & Spa – the Presidential Suite. These vast, two-bedroom Maldives hotel suites span 246 meters, offering more than twice the size of our regular rooms.
Escape in to our lush Sun Villas in this very cozy ambiance. Awaken your senses in this retreat hidden in the dense gardens of Sun Island Resort.
Feast On The Flavours Of Our Main Maldives Restaurant
Celebrate The Ocean’s Bounty At Our Maldives Seafood Restaurant
Ristorante al pontile
Welcome To Al Pontile, Our Delicious Maldives Italian Restaurant
Southern star Restaurant
Southern Star, A Favourite Maldives Casual Restaurant
Sun star Restaurant
Discover A Landmark Maldives Thai Dining Venue At Sun Island Resort
Activities & Facilities
ACTIVITIES & EXCURSIONS
Sail The Turquoise Seas With Our Maldives Catamarans
At Sun Island Resort & Spa , water isn’t just a source of life – it’s a source of adventure. Our water sports center is located on the east side of the island, and offers both rental equipment and lessons by our professional staff. Learn the art of Maldives windsurfing from the safety of our shallow, tranquil lagoon. Feel the rush of adrenaline as you speed through the water on a pair of water skis. Or, let yourself be guided by the wind as you explore the island from a Maldives catamaran rental. Other water activities available at the resort include:
- Jet skis
- Diving and snorkeling
- Knee boarding
- Speed boats
Discover Our Island Paradise With Maldives Fishing Trips And Adventure Expeditions
With its onsite activities, relaxing spa and gourmet dining options, Sun Island Resort & Spa is truly a world of its own. But don’t forget that just beyond our doors, an entire country lies waiting to be explored. To help you experience our island nation’s rich culture and vast resources, we offer an array of excursions, ranging from Maldives island hopping adventures to thrilling dolphin safaris. Explore the area’s most beautiful reefs during a special snorkelling excursion, or set sail aboard a Maldives fishing boat for a magnificent sunrise or sunset journey. Our full range of excursions includes:
- Island Discovery , a full-day Maldives island hopping tour, which includes a barbecue lunch on an uninhabited island. Held Sundays from 0900h to 1700h
- Island Tours , offering a chance to learn about Maldivian culture and customs. Tour includes a visit to the island of Dhangethi, which features a Cultural Activity Centre. Offered Tuesdays from 1430h to 1700h.
- Follow the Dolphins , an organized dolphin safari designed to let visitors catch a glimpse of these gentle, graceful creatures. Available every morning and evening.
- Reef Explorer , which takes snorkelers to the area’s most beautiful reefs, where amazing multi-coloured corals and sea creatures can be found. Held Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays from 0930h to 1200h.
- Tholhufushi Robinson Excursion , offering a real-life Robinson Crusoe adventure on a deserted island. Held daily from 0900h to 1700h.
- Sunrise Fishing , held before the sun rises in order to attract the “big ones.” Your catch will later be barbecued at Guraamuli Grill. Available Mondays from 0530h to 0830h.
- Sunset Fishing , offering anglers the chance to cast their line before the splendid setting sun. Your catch will later be barbecued at Guraamuli Grill. Available Saturdays through Thursdays from 1715h to 2000h.
Delight In The Endless Activities Of Our Maldives Fun Island Resort
- Water sports
- Fitness centre
- Tennis courts with floodlights
- Electronic games
- Indoor badminton
- Table tennis
- Bicycle rentals
Experience The Underwater Wonders Of Our Maldives Dive Resort
- Boat dives made three times a day
- Night dives available twice a week , as well as on special request
- Day trips available two times a week
- State-of-the-art dive centre , featuring two classrooms, eight changing rooms, compressor rooms, and a full range of equipment
- PADI courses taught onsite , including Open Water Diver, Advanced Open Water, Rescue Diver, Dive Master, Assistant Instructor and assorted specialty courses
- Photo flight
- Volley ball
- Conference room
- Cultural show